Book Vs Movie
“I Am Legend”
The Richard Matheson Novel Vs. the Will Smith Movie
The Margos are back and ready to get a little post-apocalyptic with the 1954 classic novella I Am Legend from prolific storyteller Richard Matheson. Set in 1970s Southern California, the novel is about the life of Robert Neville, the seemingly only survivor of a worldwide pandemic which causes people to turn into vampires.
Robert’s life is filled with drinking, madness and fear and Matheson’s writing becomes venerated by future horror writers like Stephen King.
So between the novel and the movie–which did we like better? Click the link at the bottom to find out.
In this ep the Margos discuss:
- The life and incredible body of work of Richard Matheson
- The main aspects of the book and how it is different from the 2007 movie
- The fact that the dog featured in the movie is still alive!
- The main cast members including Smith as Robert Neville, Alice Braga (Anna,) Charlie Tahan (Ethan,) Salli Richardson-Whitfield (Zoe Neville,) Willow Smith (Marley Neville,) and Emma Thompson (Dr. Alice Krippin)
- I Am Legend (original trailer)
- Robert Neville talks with Anna about Bob Marley
- Outro music Three Little Birds by Bob Marley