Book Vs Movie Podcast
Book Vs Movie Podcast
Book Vs. Movie: The Bridge to Teribithia
The 1977 Classic YA Novel Vs. the 2007 Adaptation
Bring out your tissues! The Margos continue Banned Books Month with the 1977 classic by Katherine Paterson—Bridge to Teribithia. The story of Jess Aarons, a fifth-grade kid who grows up lonely and poor but with an artistic temperament that helps him imagine other places and realities. His life changes when he becomes friends with a new kid, Leslie Burke, a fellow dreamer and misfit who encourages his art and helps him find magic in the woods.
Together, they create a world called Teribithia in the forest to help them deal with feeling alienated from peers and, in Jess’s case–his sad, abusive home. A tragedy befalls them that causes a permanent change in Jess. (Trust us, this will break your heart!)
The 2007 film was co-written and co-produced by David L. Paterson (son of the author who, in real life, lost a friend when he was a child.) The director is Gabor Csupo, and produced by Disney Studios.
Between the book and movie–which did the Margos like better? Have a listen!
In this ep, the Margos discuss:
- The true story that the book is based on.
- The work of Katherine Paterson.
- The reasons schools ban this work.
- The differences between the book and movie
- The cast of the 2007 film: Josh Hutcherson (Jess Aarons,) AnnaSophia Robb (Leslie,) Bailee Madison (May Belle,) Zooey Deschanel (Ms. Edmunds,) Robert Patrick (Jack Aarons,) Kate Butler (Mary Aarons,) Devon Wood (Brenda Aarons,) Emma Fenton (Ellie Aarons,) Latham Gaines (Bill Burke,) Judy McIntosh (Judy Burke,) Lauren Clinton (Janice Avery,) Cameron Wakefield (Scott Hoager,) Elliot Lawless (Gary Fulcher,) and Jen Wolfe as the teach Ms. Myers.
- Jess & Leslie discuss a magic world
- LOOTERS podcast promo
- Bridge to Teribithia (2007 trailer)
- Avoiding Janice on the bus
- Jess & Leslie become friends
- “Why Can’t We Be Friends”
- Mr. Aarons tells Jess what happened to Leslie
- Jess punches out Gary and Ms. Myers has his back.
- Music: AnnaSophia Robb’s “Keep Your Mind Wide Open”
Book Vs. Movie is part of the Frolic Podcast Network. Find more podcasts you will love Frolic.Media/podcasts. Join our Patreon page “Book Vs. Movie podcast”
You can find us on Facebook at Book Vs. Movie Podcast Group
Follow us on Twitter @bookversusmovie
Instagram: Book Versus Movie https://www.instagram.com/bookversusmovie/
Email us at email@example.com
Margo D. Twitter @BrooklynMargo
Margo D’s Blog www.brooklynfitchick.com
Margo D’s Instagram “Brooklyn Fit Chick”
Margo D’s TikTok https://www.tiktok.com/@margodonohue
You can buy your copy of Filmed in Brooklyn here!
Margo P. Twitter @ShesNachoMama
Margo P’s Instagram https://www.instagram.com/shesnachomama/
This show is part of the Spreaker Prime Network, if you are interested in advertising on this podcast, contact us at https://www.spreaker.com/show/5406542/advertisement