Book Vs Movie
How Stella Got Her Groove Back
Terry McMillian’s 1997 Book vs the 1998 Movie Starring Angela Bassett
It’s African American History Month plus the Margos are having a case of “winter-fever” so we decided to cover “How Stella Got Her Groove Back” by Terry McMillan. The story of Stella Payne and her unusual search for love feels like a warm, tropical embrace during the cold New York winters.
In this episode, we talk about the many differences between the original book & the movie to decide which we like better.
In this ep the Margos discuss:
- The backstory of the novel and how that romance turned out
- The basic differences between book & movie
- The cast of the movie which includes Angela Bassett (Stella Payne,) Taye Diggs (Winston Shakespeare,) Whoopi Goldberg (Delilah Abraham,) Regina King (Vanessa,) and Suzzanne Douglas (Angela.)
- How Stella Got Her Groove back trailer
- Stella & Winston meet their bartender
- Stella & Winston dance/flirt
- Outro music “Make My Body Hot” by Diana King